Saturday, October 16, 2010

Why Me???

Ok so I'm just having another one of those "why me" moments & here is the reason:

I was just checking my e-mail & as I read them if I don't want them I delete them & if I do want to keep the e-mail I send it to another folder so it doesn't clog my in-box & as soon as I do either one of those actions the next e-mail is automatically opened until there are no more e-mails in my in-box.

Anyways while doing this I come across a really strange e-mail & at first I thought it was a joke but it is just way to detailed to actually be a joke, which is part of what freaks me out. I mean this guy I don't know has e-mailed me a bunch of info about himself; like what his job is, where he was raised, when he was born, how many times he's been married (1), how many kids he has (1), he gives me his e-mail address, yahoo ID (YIM), even his phone number, & I think he might have even told me what country he is going to be living in, + a bunch of other info I don't really care to know.

Now all that info kinda creeps me out, but then I finally actually read the subject line and it says "Please marry me" Once I read that I wanted to share this & kinda freak out with 2 of my best friends (practically family) Kai & Kash cause they usually say something that calms me down, but it seems they are sleeping right now & I don't really want to wake them so instead I'm posting it here where they will read it & most likely comment on it in some way, either here, or e-mail, or IM, etc.

~Nina

2 comments:

Xinaed said...

So you don't even know this guy? WTF? Lol. That's creepy and retarded O.O

Don't let it worry you though. Just delete and move on. You should also change your settings so that it doesn't automatically open the next message in your inbox. This is good for many reasons.

Main one, helps protect you from accidently opening an email that has a virus in it. :)

If you don't know the sender, and the subject seems a bit off (as most in my opinion do when they are like "hey, how are you doing?" or "why haven't you talked to me?" lol. :D Those 9/10 times turn out to be spam.

BTW, I was going to message you on FB today, but I got too tired before I made it to FB to do so. My bad.

Nina said...

exactly my thoughts Kai, though yes I did stop worrying about it as soon as I deleted it. It just isn't the way I ever thought I'd get my first marraige proposal, in fact I was hoping my first would be my only if you know what I mean. & yea I changed my settings. & lol that ok if ya got tired before messaging me on FB.