Ok so yesterday began just like any other day. I got to work and before even clocking in I was asked to help to help at another store today (my day off) so to be nice I agreed to help and would have enjoyed it if it was under any other circumstances (I don't know the whole story but it was so some of their workers could attend a funeral). Anyways the day then proceeded as usual. I got a lunch break and my family came to pick me up & take me to eat. After clocking back in, a little bit before my last short break, is when things went bad. Jim, the csm I'm under (any walmart employee should know what that means), gave me my 2 year evaluation (which tech isn't until Oct 15 or so) and before I even receive the paperwork, that says how I'm doing and what I need to work on, to read he tells me "Brandon told me to put needs development in every area" Brandon is my manager that I'm having issues with, if you know you know if you don't you don't I'm not getting in to it. Needs development is the worst thing you can get in the eval. It means that in 6 months I get to have another eval and if they think I improved good if they think I didn't then I'm pretty sure they can fire me. What pisses me off is that they said I'm not doing things that I am doing, for example they said I don't keep my register clean. Everytime I don't have a customer I am cleaning my register...in fact I'm one of the only cashiers who cleans under the register and bag thingy. My parents have all kinds of theories for this but it all boils down to the same thing. They think he's setting it up so he can fire me cause someone (my csm) dropped the ball on my absences thing & he can't fire me over that. I think it isn't about any of that and that it really is about the fact that I changed my avalibality at work and so I can no longer stay as late as I used to stay.
It is all very childish if you ask me. I'd much rather he'd come to me and talk to me if he has a problem with me. But no he won't even look me in the eyes or respond when I say 'hi' in passing.
~Nina
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
It does seem your manager is quite the immature one. You've a good chance in getting the grocery job though, right? If so, I wouldn't worry about it, either way. But, that's pretty pathetic. I hope everything works out the way its meant too. As best as possible for you.
Guess I'm just the type to corner a said boss, and insist he talk. And if he wont, I'd go higher up the chain.
Post a Comment