So... I had great days at work the last two days what with people complaining about how hot it is, yes even inside Wal-Mart, and complaining about not having enough check-out lanes open and complaining when a lane closes, what are we not people who deserve to have breaks and be allowed to sit down for a few minutes & God forbid we be allowed a long break so we can eat or be allowed to go home at the end of a shift. Oh and don't even get me started on how many people in this world can't seem to read.
First there is the obvious group of those who can't read: those who get into the express lanes with one (or even sometimes more) kart/basket/buggy (things with wheels that hold a lot of items) when the big black box above the register, that says what lane it is and lights up when the lane is open, clearly says "20 items or less." But no that isn't the group we are talking about today. The group we talking about today is whole other set of idiots who can't read.
Today's topic of idiots are those who get into a line at a lane that is already closed and refuse to read the sign at the end of the register that says "Lane Closed" or pay attention to the fact that that light I mentioned earlier is off or that the cashier is trying to get your attention to tell you that she is closed. Those are the idiots I had to deal with on June 18, 2009. Shoot not only was I trying to tell them I was closed but the people who were officially the last ones in line kept turning around and telling them I was closed. Thankfully I got permission from a CSM (who will remain nameless for now) to finish up with the customer who was officially the last in line and go home. If the others were still in line he would come back and get the when he got the chance. so while my last customer was paying I called him over to let him know and he said he had to run money to another cashier then he'd be back to get them. So when the people after my last customer moved in front and were getting ready to pay I logged off the register and said "You'll have to wait for him to come back and get you because I was closed before you even got in line so I'm going home." And then I went and told the CSM what I said, and I took note how long the line was...I was on a back register and the line was all the way into the merchandise (at our store its clothes)...and as a safety percaution on my part after I clocked out I saw one of the managers and told her exactly what happened. Then I came home got on my laptop and chatted and played games with Kai & Kash and read their blogs, and wrote this blog....and here we are back at the beginning...finally.
~Nina
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment