Thursday, May 21, 2009

MIA

Ok so I know I've been MIA for a bit again, but for a change this time it was a good thing. I'm finally starting to get things back to where they belong in my life again. Part of my problem is my schedule. I have no issues with working at Wal-Mart but the hours are killing me. I can't get 8 straight hours of uninterrupted sleep...in fact I barely get 5 hours on uninterrupted sleep. I've also come to learn something about myself & that is that I need something more steady. At Wal-Mart I could get a Monday & Thursday off one week and get a Tuesday & Wednesday off the next. I've also been known to get off work at 11pm one night and have to be at work at 8am the next morning. It's tough specially on a college student. And because of the sleep issues I've been having issues making it too class & or staying awake to study so I've barely been pulling D's...this from a girl who was A & B honor roll from Kindergarden to my Senior year in high school.

My first step towards fixing this was & is applying for a job at the commisary on base. If I get the job, & everyone is telling me that I have a good chance of being hired (including the person my dad spoke to who is in charge of hiring students, though I haven't been offered the job yet since my app just officially went in completely *looks at clock* yesterday)...then my pay goes up from $8.30 to at least $8.40 (though if research info correct it should be around $9.57) an hour...I also get to earn sick leave & vacation time, plus the commisary isn't opened 24 hours like Wal-Mart is...in fact it is closed Mondays & Holidays.

I am also currently in the process of transferring from the college I currently attend to one that is done entirely on-line. Though it does take more discipline to take and complete on-line courses it also helps the whole time thingy in that I won't have to be seated in a classroom everyday (or every other day) at a certain time.

Well that is kind of all for now....that and I really need to go get some sleep.

~Nina

No comments: